Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excel Alamaze Map & Order Tracker
The first post in this thread has an updated link to the latest and greatest version of the Excel Alamaze Map & Order Tracker, version 4.0.  It has a few tweaks, such as tracking Turn 30 reinforcements and getting the Load Manual button linked to the right macro, plus a major upgrade which is the ability to parse .html turn results.

Why did I program a parser when there is a perfectly fantastic Bananas Turn Parser available in another thread?  Far and away the main reason is that it was fun to do.  I code as a hobby and I've learned to never let duplication of what's already been done stop me.  Maybe someday I'll come up with an idea no one has already run with, but until then I'll follow the footsteps of the masters.

That being said, there are a couple of advantages to using the now built-in parser over the Bananas Turn Parser if you decide to use this spreadsheet:

1)  You don't have to load your turns into the Bananas Turn Parser first just to be able to load them into this spreadsheet.
2)  The Load Turn Details button on the Turns page doesn't produce fully correct production results per turn from the Bananas Turn Parser .dat files.  It looks like the Bananas Turn Parser tracks production forecasts, whereas the setup of the Turns page requires tracking actual production as well as forecasted production.
3)  The Parse All Turns button will parse & load all .html turns within the same folder as the selected file, forestalling the need to load each turn separately. This is an advantage for standby players taking over a position or for Warlords or Titan players.

A couple of things to note:
1)  I created and tested the parser with .html turn results saved as full web pages.  I don't know if it would work with results saved in a different manner.
2)  The parser only works on Turns 1 through 40.  If you try to parse the kingdom set-up or Turn 0, I assume it will crash.

That about covers it.  If anyone notices any weird results or unexpected crashes, please let me know.

Messages In This Thread
Excel Alamaze Map & Order Tracker - by Thudargh - 02-27-2015, 01:16 PM
RE: Excel Alamaze Map & Order Tracker - by Hawk_ - 03-02-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: Excel Alamaze Map & Order Tracker - by Thudargh - 05-03-2015, 06:51 PM