Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The 2018 Alamaze Championship
The 2018 Alamaze Championship

So we have arrived at the moment of the selection.
This should be a 12 player Silent Steel Campaign, as that was the dominant format for Alamaze in 2018.
We choose our contestants on Valhalla ranking for Steel game points.  The highest point player chooses first, down to whichever rank our 12th player is.
So, if you lead in the rankings, pick your kingdom as you go, but otherwise just attest to the fact that you are worthy to be in this contest for recognition and immortality: say by posting your are in!  There is no chivalry here, this contest is to the death, no quarter asked or given. 
You are in, or you are not.  If you don't know if you are in, first you have to claim a spot by posting your name, and if you are highest in a given kingdom, you can claim it specifically, else just that you are ready - weapons TBD.

Let's Go!
Of course as always, the Championship is free to all who qualify and winning gets free stuff, etc.

Is it lifetime points or 2018?

It would make sence to only be 2018 points or of the last year.

If RyVor is ok I will go through and make a list by zone/dispersed based on steel game say games finish between 12/1/17 to 12/1/18. Let me know then give me a day or so.

(12-06-2018, 06:17 AM)Draugr Wrote: If RyVor is ok I will go through and make a list by zone/dispersed based on steel game say games finish between 12/1/17 to 12/1/18.   Let me know then give me a day or so.

That's fine, it usually just works out without much honest debate.  If you are highest in Gnomes and you want Gnomes, you get them.  If you are highest in two or more kingdoms, pick one and whoever is second in another kingdom now gets that kingdom if he wants.

So, initially players will select either any kingdom if they are top ranked, but if they don't post first, whoever claims the kingdom they are highest ranked in gets that kingdom.  So for example, if Bart is tops with Red Dragons and he claims them before Draugr or whoever has top overall points, Bart gets the Red Dragons.  And if you lolly-gag you just drop in order, so if you are high up in status claim now don't bitch later.

Ah-hmm.  So, pick your kingdom and let's determine who is best now.

I won’t bother then. I do think you should limit it to 2018 games though.

My highest points kingdom in a steel game is the Necromancer. So I will claim them.

Draugr - NE

And if you are highest in say... halfling and claim them can you be bumped by someone who is highest in Gnome?

If a chapionship game is important, then it should be precise, clear and fair method used each and every time. If its just a fun game based on who did the best with individual kingdom, gets first pick of that kingdom, then I think it should be a game of kingdom champions.

Big win in 2018 with Sorceror in Steel game, lots of points. So I will take them.