Alamaze & Fall of Rome Forum
The General Rules of Alamaze - Printable Version

+- Alamaze & Fall of Rome Forum (https://kingdomsofarcania.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ALAMAZE (https://kingdomsofarcania.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Alamaze Rules and Resources (https://kingdomsofarcania.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: The General Rules of Alamaze (/showthread.php?tid=8261)

Pages: 1 2 3

The General Rules of Alamaze - Ry Vor - 03-27-2013

Attached are The General Rules for Alamaze. This explains broadly the game concepts. The specifics of issuing each order are shown in the companion document, The Commands.

This document was updated November 4, 2014.

RE: The General Rules of Alamaze - Ry Vor - 03-27-2013

Folks, we'll appreciate knowing about and correcting all errors - please send what you catch to support@alamaze.co.

RE: The General Rules of Alamaze - Cipher - 03-30-2013

Please take the time to review the rules material. Alamaze is a complex game that sometimes takes multiple readings to pick up on some items.

Cipher

RE: The General Rules of Alamaze - Sancus - 04-04-2013

(03-27-2013, 03:37 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: Attached are the General Rules for Alamaze. This explains the game concepts.

And, the difference between the rules and commands are what? It looks like the commands file is a newer version of the rules file without the old graphics. Right?

RE: The General Rules of Alamaze - DuPont - 04-04-2013

(04-04-2013, 08:41 PM)Sancus Wrote:
(03-27-2013, 03:37 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: Attached are the General Rules for Alamaze. This explains the game concepts.

And, the difference between the rules and commands are what? It looks like the commands file is a newer version of the rules file without the old graphics. Right?

No. The rules are a general overview of the game and should be read first. The commands are the specific format of the orders, but they will make a lot less sense if the rules have not been read first. I can tell you from when I first played Alamaze - the more time you spend reading and re-reading the rules and commands, the better. Alamaze is a very deep game and you will be rewarded by paying close attention to the rules. There are lots of cool moves you can make.

RE: The General Rules of Alamaze - Sancus - 04-04-2013

My bad. I meant to write the "difference between the orders and the commands" files.

Sancus

RE: The General Rules of Alamaze - Jumbie - 04-14-2013

I think this thread should be stickied to the top of the forum too.

RE: The General Rules of Alamaze - Ry Vor - 11-04-2014

The November, 2014 revision is the attachment now on the first post on this thread. It is recommended players download it and replace their previous version with it.

RE: The General Rules of Alamaze - unclemike - 11-05-2014

(11-04-2014, 09:26 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: The November, 2014 revision is the attachment now on the first post on this thread. It is recommended players download it and replace their previous version with it.

Does this mean that Secret Victory Conditions are now enabled in the game or should we hold off on issuing orders 993/995?

Also, ESO D3 is still listed as 2 pts Smile

RE: The General Rules of Alamaze - Ry Vor - 11-05-2014

Only new games offering the SVC will have the SVC. Presently, all games in progress are Rex only.

It's always a chicken and the egg as to when to update rules vs. when everything is in the code.

I want to next update the Commands, then update the Kingdom Dossiers, then look to reattach our players on hiatus. Then work on what we are calling 4th scenario, meanwhile having process improved, and then reach out to new players. Hoping all that happens before Jan 1 and that if all successful, we may not need much of a price increase.

Again, lots of credit to Cipher for working behind the curtain and doing lots to simplify processing already, to Uncle Mike for the fine web order entry and order checking that is really helpful for even very experienced players, and to Lord Diamond for taking over and really doing a terrific job with Valhalla. We also have interesting possibilities for Bananas work and Wynand has also volunteered for some process improvement work.

It's a pretty ambitious agenda, and would remind everyone about how much progress was made in 2014 on all fronts.

All is much appreciated!