Alamaze - New

Full Version: Turn and order examples
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After some of the questions I have seen I thought it might be helpful for people to see a few consecutive turns from a couple of different kingdoms. I'm starting with Turns 4 and 5 of the Black Dragon, Dark Elf and Demon Princes from and epic 6 vs 6 game. If you have any questions just let me know and I'll answer them the best I can. Keep in mind that this was 8 years ago so my memory might be a little dim.

Also let me know if this helps clear up some confusion and if you want to see more. Also note that these are the old turn formats. As you have already seen the new versions will be much easier to read.
As a Fall of Rome newbie, I have learned to read Fall of Rome battle report, but still have trouble to read Al Amaze battle report. the begining portion of the report was confusing, poorly formated.

also my English is not very good, what is an 'Enounter'? as in 'ANCIENT ONES GROUP MORALE WAS UNAFFECTED BY THE ENOUNTER'

why the military leader, wizard not get promoted in battle?
(03-15-2013, 04:21 PM)Lord1 Wrote: [ -> ]As a Fall of Rome newbie, I have learned to read Fall of Rome battle report, but still have trouble to read Al Amaze battle report. the begining portion of the report was confusing, poorly formated.

also my English is not very good, what is an 'Enounter'? as in 'ANCIENT ONES GROUP MORALE WAS UNAFFECTED BY THE ENOUNTER'

The battle reports are very much a work in progress. In fact, the effort to make them more readable and presentable may be the primary delay in getting the game to the public.

The more recent reports are better, but not anywhere near where Rick wants to see them. The reports Lucky Tiger shared are from Pegasus Productions, not the current initiative.
Wizards have to do "magical research" in order to get promoted.
(03-15-2013, 04:21 PM)Lord1 Wrote: [ -> ]As a Fall of Rome newbie, I have learned to read Fall of Rome battle report, but still have trouble to read Al Amaze battle report. the begining portion of the report was confusing, poorly formated.

and Encounter, in this case is when the two groups meet (or encounter) each other on the field of battle. More generally an encounter is a meeting. If I was walking down the street and met you on the corner we would have encountered each other.

In Alamaze leaders often advance in level after a successful combat, but not always. Wizards, as Kalrex said only advance when they take the time in a kingdom controlled population center to study.
(03-15-2013, 04:50 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: [ -> ]

The more recent reports are better, but not anywhere near where Rick wants to see them. The reports Lucky Tiger shared are from Pegasus Productions, not the current initiative.

What is the difference between the current "initiative" and the reports from Pegasus Productions? Are they not related?

Sancus
(03-15-2013, 08:23 PM)Sancus Wrote: [ -> ]What is the difference between the current "initiative" and the reports from Pegasus Productions? Are they not related?

Sancus

The current initiative would be the updating of the Pegasus Production efforts. So, yes they are linked, but the new version is improved.
(03-15-2013, 08:23 PM)Sancus Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-15-2013, 04:50 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: [ -> ]

What is the difference between the current "initiative" and the reports from Pegasus Productions? Are they not related?

Sancus

Most of the improvements are in the look and formatting. Pegasus pretty much left that the same for decades. Rick wants it all to have a much more modern look. He's also making minor modifications to the game itself. Major changes will wait for the first expansion.

For those of you not familiar with the history, here is a brief summary.

1. Rick created Alamaze way back in the 'before time'. I think historians are calling it the 'early 80's'.

2. At some point, Rick sold Alamaze to his brother Phil. Phil owned Pegaus Productions. Somehow, RSI and some British company also ran Alamaze games. I found Alamaze at RSI.

3. Rick went on to other things, but eventually created Fall of Rome.

4. Phile passed away; he will be sorely missed.

5. Rick reaquired Alamaze and discovered that most of the changes were not to his liking. He recruited a few simple, yet well meaning, antiques to help him bring it back to life.

6. Here we are.
Just discovered this thread.

I enjoyed seeing the old turn reports. It gave me a feeling of preparedness in that I have an idea of how things move now. I was able to see some things that worked and some things that failed and see why they turned out that way.

If I could ask Tiger a favour, it'd be to please post some turn 1 and 2 examples since, for newbies like me, getting a feel for how thing go in the start is the most important.
The middle and end aren't equally important?
Pages: 1 2