Alamaze - New

Full Version: Alamaze Marketing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hey guys,

Some of you may or may not know I am working with Rick to build a marketing funnel in order to bring new players into the game.

I have been working on a new landing page if you like you can check it out here.    https://www.alamaze.online

I am working on creating a training vault. the vault will be one location with all the materials needed to play Alamaze, along with video tutorials on everything from getting started in your first game and eventually advanced strategy tips. you can find that page at    https://www.abanak.com/alamaze_training_vault/

I have set up a new FaceBook page at    https://www.facebook.com/alamazeonline/
We could really use your guys' help on that. If you could just like and follow the page it would be a big help. Also, leave comments as players on the feed. I will be running paid ads on FB and YouTube.

have set up a YouTube channel for Alamaze to host videos for us. If anyone would like to submit videos let me know.

Alamaze is a wonderful game. I am marketing it as a game for gamers and I am targeting a demographic that is representative of its current player base. I.E. a bunch of old dudes :-)

Actually I am targetting working professionals who have a love of gaming but do not have the time to play video games. I am pushing the fact that with a 72-hour play clock this game allows a very immersive game experience that still works with a busy lifestyle.

Last night I went live with the Alamaze Gaming Funnel and the Vault. Anyone who has documents or aids that they believe would be useful to a new player feel free to attach and post them here. I will get them into the vault as a free download. I see no reason why we can't get to a point where we have new games starting every couple of days.

I look forward to an awesome 2020 with an Alamaze that has been reintroduced to the gaming world.
This great news! Well done! 
Rick, can we get someone to update the Forum webpage also? A volunteer  maybe, with a free game incentive?
(11-21-2019, 05:30 PM)Strylian Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,

Some of you may or may not know I am working with Rick to build a marketing funnel in order to bring new players into the game.

I have been working on a new landing page if you like you can check it out here.    https://www.alamaze.online

I am working on creating a training vault. the vault will be one location with all the materials needed to play Alamaze, along with video tutorials on everything from getting started in your first game and eventually advanced strategy tips. you can find that page at    https://www.abanak.com/alamaze_training_vault/

I have set up a new FaceBook page at    https://www.facebook.com/alamazeonline/
We could really use your guys' help on that. If you could just like and follow the page it would be a big help. Also, leave comments as players on the feed. I will be running paid ads on FB and YouTube.

have set up a YouTube channel for Alamaze to host videos for us. If anyone would like to submit videos let me know.

Alamaze is a wonderful game. I am marketing it as a game for gamers and I am targeting a demographic that is representative of its current player base. I.E. a bunch of old dudes :-)

Actually I am targetting working professionals who have a love of gaming but do not have the time to play video games. I am pushing the fact that with a 72-hour play clock this game allows a very immersive game experience that still works with a busy lifestyle.

Last night I went live with the Alamaze Gaming Funnel and the Vault. Anyone who has documents or aids that they believe would be useful to a new player feel free to attach and post them here. I will get them into the vault as a free download. I see no reason why we can't get to a point where we have new games starting every couple of days.

I look forward to an awesome 2020 with an Alamaze that has been reintroduced to the gaming world.

Nick is off to a fantastic start and its hard for me to keep up with his energy.  Wonderful.
(11-21-2019, 08:02 PM)RELLGAR Wrote: [ -> ]This great news! Well done! 
Rick, can we get someone to update the Forum webpage also? A volunteer  maybe, with a free game incentive?

Rellgar, not sure what you are suggesting.
Wow!  Very nice job by Nick and what a major advancement this is to marketing.  I think all of us would like to know what kind of interest this generates.

If I might suggest a couple of things, on the launch site it looks like the  "What is PBEM section repeats, saying exactly the same thing with a different background.

One suggestion is to mention what I consider one of the best reasons to play, the automated order program which makes orders so easy and allows players to have multiple windows open with all of the info you need to play the game.

Great work Nick.  Strillian is as good at on line marketing as he is at smack talk.  Not bad for the salty sailor that he is.  Who knew?
(11-21-2019, 09:18 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: [ -> ]

What I'm suggesting is, when I click on the link at the top of the forum that says "Rulebook" is doesn't send me to an outdated rule book file from 2014. Or when you click on "charts" it sends you to charts for games that are actually  still played. Should I continue  with examples?  

If it wasnt for Mike Hotchkiss encouraging me to play and helping me understand Alamze when I first started, I would  have been to confused and most likely aggravated with the unorganized  and confusing out of date website, that I would not have played or continued.  I have not played games before for similar  reasons. 

I think all links should lead to up to date material. And all rules and game information  should be easily found in the same place. I see this is being done, but some areas like this forum are being forgotten.  

Great improvements, let's not forget anything.
You could add the maelstrom notes from the game que to the forum tabs at top?
(11-21-2019, 09:49 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote: [ -> ]Wow!  Very nice job by Nick and what a major advancement this is to marketing.  I think all of us would like to know what kind of interest this generates.

If I might suggest a couple of things, on the launch site it looks like the  "What is PBEM section repeats, saying exactly the same thing with a different background.

One suggestion is to mention what I consider one of the best reasons to play, the automated order program which makes orders so easy and allows players to have multiple windows open with all of the info you need to play the game.

Great work Nick.  Strillian is as good at on line marketing as he is at smack talk.  Not bad for the salty sailor that he is.  Who knew?

Thanks Wookie. You are right. The what is PBM section was to long. The backgrounds I used became distorted and no longer recognizable so I split it in two. I appreciate the feedback and will take it under advisement. A different set of eyes is always very helpful.
(11-21-2019, 11:00 PM)RELLGAR Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2019, 09:18 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: [ -> ]

What I'm suggesting is, when I click on the link at the top of the forum that says "Rulebook" is doesn't send me to an outdated rule book file from 2014. Or when you click on "charts" it sends you to charts for games that are actually  still played. Should I continue  with examples?  

If it wasnt for Mike Hotchkiss encouraging me to play and helping me understand Alamze when I first started, I would  have been to confused and most likely aggravated with the unorganized  and confusing out of date website, that I would not have played or continued.  I have not played games before for similar  reasons. 

I think all links should lead to up to date material. And all rules and game information  should be easily found in the same place. I see this is being done, but some areas like this forum are being forgotten.  

Great improvements, let's not forget anything.

Rellgar I am trying to give players one spot to get all their information on the Alamaze vault. I know I found I had the same problem at first. Another thing I had trouble with when I first started was learning how to get into a game. So I created 3 step by step videos. Starting a tutorial, getting into a duel( how and where to post to get a duel and how to start a duel in the game que) and how to get into your first real game (along with an explanation of how the draft works)

I will be making some other videos that break down to order system and go over each tab. 

I am looking for a complete list of spells and their descriptions to post in the vault. If anyone has any turn sheets with high level or maxed out mages I would greatly appreciate your emailing them to me at Strylin@gmail.com.
Looks like you are off to a great start!  

One suggestion from me would be to find some fresh comments for the “What people are saying about Alamaze” section.  Some of those references are over 20 years old...

Edit to add:  Facebook has a few typos “Alamze and It’s Origions”
[img]webkit-fake-url://6c29d48a-fbd6-47f4-929a-a9d1d854449b/imagepng[/img]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6