Alamaze - New

Full Version: Game 5267 goes to the AN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Victory By Rex Is The Ancient Ones Kingdom!
                           Game End Status Points

Place Kingdom    Player               Results-25  Grand Total

1     AN     Eregnon the Black         38,620      53,237
          2     TY     DuPont                   25,730      37,349
          3     UN     Draugr                   21,480      33,266
          4     DE     Vball Michael             16,280      26,701
          5     IL     Ashgar                     12,344      19,794
          6     AT     Airetar                   10,479      17,476
          7     RA     Strylian                     6,402      14,279
          8     DA     Valuthor                     6,300      12,750
          9     GN     Brek                       3,300       7,175

I decided to give the AN another shot, as I wanted to try out their new devout abilities. I found the avenging angel spell became very convenient as long range artillery support. Lesser angel was useful in the early game, and gave me some nice production boosts.

I started out in Krynn, and as soon as I got my first turn I realized that had been a bad idea. The computer seems to have a tendency to put your starting capital in your favored terrain. For the Ancient One’s that’s desert, and there are a grand total of TWO desert areas in Krynn. So naturally, my “hidden” capital was in one of them, at NA. As it happened, none of my opponents showed up there during the game, but it would have been an obvious place to look.

Turns 1-6
The first few turns were the usual exploration. The AN starts out with an extra A4, and I got another on the customization and raised my A3, which allowed me to explore 12 areas a turn with agents. I gained control of my region on turn 4. I got my ESO on turn 10 and added a new consul and two barons. I also found a Red Elk Mount, which I gave to my highest level fanatic. That gave him enough range to hit pretty much any location I needed him to, while staying safe in my capital.
For artifacts, I also got the two starting artifacts I had the locations for: the Plow of the Prophet, which is fairly useful, and the Alter of the Ancients, which is fairly useless. All the alter does is give you an extra specialized HP order for the same cost, which is not much of a power. It did help locate Eklar, which was nice, but I could have used a consol for that just as easily. I was also able to locate Anglekal, but I never had time to go get it.

Turns 7-19
On turn 7 the WA dropped, leaving the Sword Coast without a tenant. My army group was nearby, so I sent them in and luckily ended movement on a town, and divined all the PC locations with my consuls. It soon became obvious that the GN, RA, and DA were also going in for a piece of the action. I was willing to engage in friendly competition for the region but the RA and GN were not. I invaded the GN in Zanthia on turn 11, took the city and the region on turn 12, then lost control the next turn.

Turn 14 was interesting. The GN army group took my city at JB, so I lost control of Kyrnn militarily, but I took a RA village on the same turn, so I regained it politically. I also took the GN capital and regained control of Zanthia. The net effect was I got two extra barons and 1 extra region.

The RA had moved his capital to the city at XE. This allowed me to keep an eye on him for the rest of the game. Also, when one of my Barons got assassinated, I noted that his agent with a magic dagger had performed a covert mission, so it wasn’t too hard to figure out who the culprit was. Said agent became my guest next turn, thanks to my mounted fanatic.

The next few turns saw several battles between myself and the GN and RA as we went back and forth over those 3 regions. I did most of my damage with my emmys and with degradations. I took the city at JB, which had become the GN capital, on turn 19.

Turns 20-25
The GN capital had been kicked to a village at GC. Even though that was a short march from JB, I didn’t have time to go after it, as I had to deal with his army group in the south of Krynn. I guessed which town he would be going for, and met up with him at PC. He did an organized withdrawal and I tried to peruse but he lost me going through the mountains.
By now, I’ve got 7 barons, 2 princes and a 25 influence, so politically I was very strong. Up to now I had been avoiding the RA city in the Sword Coast at SJ, but on turn 20 I moved my two princes there, and my army group was in range. He had towers there so I knew he saw me, and he also had his main army group within range. We met up on turn 22, and fought on turn 23. He had 14 brigades, 2 warlords, 1 major general, a power 6/2. I had 16 brigades, 3 warlords, a power 5/3/3 and max morale. We both declared a determined attack, and the battle went well into the combined arms phase. When the dust had settled, I had inflicted 75% casualties to 14.48% in return, and his army group was now a division.

Also, the GN army group attacked one of my towns the same turn. He won, but his morale was so low he took over 50% casualties. He was no longer a factor for the rest of the game.
While all this was going on in the south, I had broken off 2 elite GBs from my main group, had them recruit 3 more GB brigades, and sent them up north to deal with the GN capital on turn 23. The same time I arrived, the IL moved 4 high level agents to that village, presumably to look for my capital. I sent them scurrying back home and denigrated him twice in Kyrnn for good measure.

It was now turn 24. My army group was in range of the RA capital, which he had never bothered to increase the defenses on, and I had moved my two princes and a baron to two towns and a village in Zamora. I had 3 regions, and had enamored Zamora up to tolerant. I sped my group to his capital, slept his king so he couldn’t denigrate me, and move in more emissaries. I took the city on turn 25, sealing the win.

It was a fun game with a lot of back and forth. Luckily for me it was a silent game, otherwise the GN and RA would have been able to coordinate against me. With their new abilities I’d recommend the AN to anybody. Just don’t start in Kyrnn!
(07-07-2019, 11:14 PM)Eregnon Wrote: [ -> ]Victory By Rex Is The Ancient Ones Kingdom!
                           Game End Status Points

Place Kingdom    Player               Results-25  Grand Total

1     AN     Eregnon the Black         38,620      53,237
          2     TY     DuPont                   25,730      37,349
          3     UN     Draugr                   21,480      33,266
          4     DE     Vball Michael             16,280      26,701
          5     IL     Ashgar                     12,344      19,794
          6     AT     Airetar                   10,479      17,476
          7     RA     Strylian                     6,402      14,279
          8     DA     Valuthor                     6,300      12,750
          9     GN     Brek                       3,300       7,175

I decided to give the AN another shot, as I wanted to try out their new devout abilities. I found the avenging angel spell became very convenient as long range artillery support. Lesser angel was useful in the early game, and gave me some nice production boosts.

I started out in Krynn, and as soon as I got my first turn I realized that had been a bad idea. The computer seems to have a tendency to put your starting capital in your favored terrain. For the Ancient One’s that’s desert, and there are a grand total of TWO desert areas in Krynn. So naturally, my “hidden” capital was in one of them, at NA. As it happened, none of my opponents showed up there during the game, but it would have been an obvious place to look.

Turns 1-6
The first few turns were the usual exploration. The AN starts out with an extra A4, and I got another on the customization and raised my A3, which allowed me to explore 12 areas a turn with agents. I gained control of my region on turn 4. I got my ESO on turn 10 and added a new consul and two barons. I also found a Red Elk Mount, which I gave to my highest level fanatic. That gave him enough range to hit pretty much any location I needed him to, while staying safe in my capital.
For artifacts, I also got the two starting artifacts I had the locations for: the Plow of the Prophet, which is fairly useful, and the Alter of the Ancients, which is fairly useless. All the alter does is give you an extra specialized HP order for the same cost, which is not much of a power. It did help locate Eklar, which was nice, but I could have used a consol for that just as easily. I was also able to locate Anglekal, but I never had time to go get it.

Turns 7-19
On turn 7 the WA dropped, leaving the Sword Coast without a tenant. My army group was nearby, so I sent them in and luckily ended movement on a town, and divined all the PC locations with my consuls. It soon became obvious that the GN, RA, and DA were also going in for a piece of the action. I was willing to engage in friendly competition for the region but the RA and GN were not. I invaded the GN in Zanthia on turn 11, took the city and the region on turn 12, then lost control the next turn.

Turn 14 was interesting. The GN army group took my city at JB, so I lost control of Kyrnn militarily, but I took a RA village on the same turn, so I regained it politically. I also took the GN capital and regained control of Zanthia. The net effect was I got two extra barons and 1 extra region.

The RA had moved his capital to the city at XE. This allowed me to keep an eye on him for the rest of the game. Also, when one of my Barons got assassinated, I noted that his agent with a magic dagger had performed a covert mission, so it wasn’t too hard to figure out who the culprit was. Said agent became my guest next turn, thanks to my mounted fanatic.

The next few turns saw several battles between myself and the GN and RA as we went back and forth over those 3 regions. I did most of my damage with my emmys and with degradations. I took the city at JB, which had become the GN capital, on turn 19.

Turns 20-25
The GN capital had been kicked to a village at GC. Even though that was a short march from JB, I didn’t have time to go after it, as I had to deal with his army group in the south of Krynn. I guessed which town he would be going for, and met up with him at PC. He did an organized withdrawal and I tried to peruse but he lost me going through the mountains.
By now, I’ve got 7 barons, 2 princes and a 25 influence, so politically I was very strong. Up to now I had been avoiding the RA city in the Sword Coast at SJ, but on turn 20 I moved my two princes there, and my army group was in range. He had towers there so I knew he saw me, and he also had his main army group within range. We met up on turn 22, and fought on turn 23. He had 14 brigades, 2 warlords, 1 major general, a power 6/2. I had 16 brigades, 3 warlords, a power 5/3/3 and max morale. We both declared a determined attack, and the battle went well into the combined arms phase. When the dust had settled, I had inflicted 75% casualties to 14.48% in return, and his army group was now a division.

Also, the GN army group attacked one of my towns the same turn. He won, but his morale was so low he took over 50% casualties. He was no longer a factor for the rest of the game.
While all this was going on in the south, I had broken off 2 elite GBs from my main group, had them recruit 3 more GB brigades, and sent them up north to deal with the GN capital on turn 23. The same time I arrived, the IL moved 4 high level agents to that village, presumably to look for my capital. I sent them scurrying back home and denigrated him twice in Kyrnn for good measure.

It was now turn 24. My army group was in range of the RA capital, which he had never bothered to increase the defenses on, and I had moved my two princes and a baron to two towns and a village in Zamora. I had 3 regions, and had enamored Zamora up to tolerant. I sped my group to his capital, slept his king so he couldn’t denigrate me, and move in more emissaries. I took the city on turn 25, sealing the win.

It was a fun game with a lot of back and forth. Luckily for me it was a silent game, otherwise the GN and RA would have been able to coordinate against me. With their new abilities I’d recommend the AN to anybody. Just don’t start in Kyrnn!

Well done on the game and a very nice write up as well.  AN sure can be fun to play.